All Library locations are equipped with computers for public use. All you need is a valid Library card to access Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Reader for up to two hours per day.
- Parents or guardians determine the level of internet access available to their dependents.
- Children and Young Adult cards are categorized as follows:
- unfiltered (the same as an Adult card)
- filtered (no access to email or social networking sites)
- no access (internet rights are withheld)
- All personal information and working documents are cleared after the session ends. You are responsible for saving your materials to your own device, such as a USB memory stick.
- 15 minute ”quick access” terminals are available on the main floor of the Central Library. They provide internet access only (no Microsoft Office) and are free for visitors.
All Calgary Public Library patrons have a print account with a monthly print credit of $5.00. This credit allows you to print up to 50 black and white pages, or 25 colour pages free of charge each month.
The free $5 credit renews at the start of each month, and your unspent credit will not accrue from month to month. You can add money to your print account for additional printing but the free $5 credit is used up first before amounts are drawn from these additional funds.
You can log in to view your printing balance here.
To print wirelessly from your laptop at the Library log into Everyone Print using your Library card barcode and PIN as your username and password.
Scanning to a USB is also free with your membership.
Borrow a Chromebook for the day! Adults and teens can borrow Chromebooks for use in the Library only; they cannot be removed from the premises.
- When you check out a Chromebook, you take full responsibility for the device. Do not leave it unattended.
- A $350 replacement fee will be issued if the Chromebook is damaged or lost.
- At the Central Library Chromebooks can be used on the fifth floor only.
You can access the internet on our public computers or on your personal device via our wireless network. To use our free Wi-Fi on your laptop or other device:
- browse your available wireless networks and select LibraryWiFiHotSpot
- launch your preferred web browser. You will be prompted for your login. Enter your full library card number and PIN (the last four digits of your phone number)
- press Accept and Login.