All library locations are equipped with computers for public use. Computer use requires a valid library card and allows access for two hours per day. Software provided includes Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Reader.
- Your library card gives you computer access for two hours per day.
- Parents or guardians determine the level of Internet access available to their dependents. Children and Young Adult cards are categorized as follows:
- unfiltered (the same as an Adult card)
- filtered (No access to email or social networking sites)
- no access (Internet rights are withheld.)
- All personal information and working documents are cleared after the session ends. You are responsible for saving your materials to your own device, such as a USB memory stick.
- 15 minute ”quick access” terminals are available on the main floor of the Central Library. They provide Internet only (no Microsoft Office) and are free for visitors.
All Calgary Public Library patrons have a print account with a monthly print credit of $5.00. This credit allows you to print up to 50 black and white pages, or 25 colour pages free of charge each month.
The free $5 credit renews at the start of each month, and your unspent credit will not accrue from month to month. You can add money to your print account for additional printing but the free $5 credit is used up first before amounts are drawn from these additional funds.
You can log in to view your printing balance here.
Scanning to a USB is also free with your membership.
The Internet can be accessed through our public computers or via the wireless network for personal devices. To access from your laptop or other device, do one of the following:
- Browse to available wireless networks and select LibraryWiFiHotSpot
- Launch your preferred web browser. You will be prompted for your login. Enter your full library card number and PIN number (the last four digits of your phone number)
- Press Accept and Login. That's it! You’re ready to surf the web
Please note: Library staff cannot help you set up or configure your computer. Please contact the manufacturer of your computer or wireless network card for any help you may need.