Read, write, draw, make, do and win! Complete fun challenges and enter to win weekly prizes and the Youth Read 2015 grand prize.
This year’s grand prize is an Apple iPad Mini 3!
In order to be eligible for the grand prize, you must have earned at least one badge during the summer. Every badge you earn gets you one entry into the grand prize draw, so the more challenges you do, the better chance you have of winning.
The winner will be chosen by random draw in the first week of September. The deadline to enter August 30th.
We’re giving away dozens of book prizes every week. Winners will be drawn randomly from anyone who earned a badge that week.
Reader’s Prize: Log your reading time every week and earn a Reading Time Logged badge to enter win a $25 Indigo gift card.
Bonus Prizes: Everyone who completes the weekly “bonus prize challenge” will be entered in a draw for the bonus prize including:
- a Fujifilm Instax Mini instant camera
- gift cards for Cineplex Odeon, Indigo, and the iTunes or Google Play store
- a SIGNED first edition of Paper Towns by John Green
- and more to be announced later this summer!
How Youth Read Works
- The contest runs for 10 weeks, Saturday June 20th – Sunday August 30th.
- Every Monday, three to five challenges will be posted at calgaryyouthread.ca
- Every week there will be a reading challenge (to read for a minimum of five hours), and a creative challenge, to write, draw, make something or do something.
- Every time you complete a challenge, you earn a digital badge and an entry into the grand prize draw and the weekly draws.
- Share your creativity on social media using the hashtag #YouthReadYYC, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to see. We will feature our favourite entries all summer on our Teens page!
- (You do not need to submit your challenge entries this year—you can decide for yourself whether you have completed a challenge!)