Executive Assistant – Central Library (Full-Time Permanent)
The Calgary Public Library represents unlimited possibilities and inspires people of all ages to wonder, seek, discover, and share. Calgary’s 21 libraries are community hubs that ignite learning, discussion, innovation, and action and our patrons are curious, creative, and resilient. This is accomplished through the Library’s commitment to empowering community by connecting you to ideas and experiences, inspiration and insight.
To achieve our vision of Potentials Realized, Calgary Public Library is seeking leaders with ideas, energy, passion and commitment who can help us make a difference in the lives of Calgarians and take public library services to a new level of excellence.
The Calgary Public Library acknowledges the traditional territories and oral practices of the Blackfoot people, the Nakota people of the Stoney Nation, the Beaver people of the Tsuut’ina Nation, and the peoples of the Métis Nation of Alberta, Region Three.
Reporting to the Senior Executive Assistant, the Executive Assistant provides day to day administrative support to Chair(s) of the Library Board and its Committees as well as providing coverage for the Senior Executive Assistant.
Success in this position demands an ability to learn and adapt quickly, exceptional customer service skills, and strong administrative skills – with a high focus on accuracy, critical timelines and confidentiality.
- Provides efficient and effective executive and administrative support service to the Board of Directors, including; communications, meeting logistics and record-keeping, presentations and travel.
- Prepares Board and Committee agenda, minutes and reports accurately and in a timely fashion
- Manages all the Board and Committee meetings and invitations
- Ensures all Committee and Board meeting packages are complete, accurate and distributed in a timely fashion
- Ensures all documents flowing to and from the Board and Committee are complete and accurate.
- Prepares internal and external correspondence such as letters, memos and other materials, as required.
- Supports members of the Board of Directors with various calendar and events management
- Organizes travel for the Board of Directors.
- Manages the Board Portals and database.
- Assists with the coordination of special events and functions as required.
- Supports the Executive Leadership Team as required.
- Screens and respond to all phone calls into the CEO Office with a professional manner
- Sorts mail and summarizes reports for the Executive Leadership Team.
- Meet and greet visitors and guests to the CEO office, as required, by providing friendly and prompt courteous customer service.
- Maintains positive and effective working relationships with all parts of the Library.
- Works in a confidential environment.
- Demonstrates continuous individual development and growth.• Other related duties.
- Embodies the accessible and welcoming spirit of the Library, and positively represents the CEO’s Office to internal and external stakeholders.
- Creates an excellent first impression for visitors to the CEO’s Office through welcoming and friendly service.
- Works with a high degree of diplomacy, confidentiality and good judgement.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills with stakeholders of all levels.
- Advanced writing and editing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Manages several simultaneous priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint, as well as technologies for virtual communication and collaboration.
- Ability to work evening and weekend events is required.
- Competitive salary
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
- Life Insurance• Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- The opportunity to contribute to an award-winning library system, grow professionally and make a positive difference in the lives of Calgarians
How to apply:
If Executive Assistant sounds like the next chapter in your career story, take this opportunity to make a real contribution to one of Canada's leading public library systems. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to quote competition number “#658” in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for this competition is August 7, 2020.
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment. Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.