In January of 2015, the Calgary Public Library launched an exciting and ambitious strategic plan that will re-imagine library services for Calgarians today and into the future.
The new Calgary Public Library represents unlimited possibilities and inspires people of all ages to wonder, seek, discover, and share. Calgary’s 18 (and growing) community libraries are community hubs that ignite learning, discussion, invention, and action and this is accomplished through the Library’s commitment to:
- be a vital part of strengthening neighbourhoods in a growing city
- bring the library into more people’s lives by removing barriers and increasing access to information in all its forms
- focus on services that make a difference
- develop innovative and collaborative partnerships with our community to leverage collective knowledge and expertise
- build welcoming, inclusive and dynamic library spaces and places within the heart of our communities.
To achieve our vision, Calgary Public Library is seeking leaders with ideas, energy, passion and commitment who can help us make a difference in the lives of Calgarians and take public library services to a new level of excellence.
Driver (Permanent Part Time)
Reporting to the Manager of Facilities, the Driver is responsible for routine and special deliveries and property maintenance tasks, as assigned.
This is a part-time position with a 15 hours/week work schedule.
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License; ability to satisfy insurance requirements
- Successful completion of Physical Demands Test
- Ability to squat, kneel, bend, raise arms above shoulders
- Works quickly and efficiently; uses time and other resources well
- Works and interacts cooperatively with others
- Seeks out and shares pertinent information; expresses ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing; listens effectively; encourages and accepts constructive feedback
- Provides welcoming, responsive, courteous and efficient service to internal and/or external customers
- Attends work regularly; meets stated time commitments; can be depended on to do what is expected consistently
- Picks up and delivers library materials, furniture and equipment to assigned locations effectively and efficiently
- Operates library vehicles in a safe and courteous manner
- Cleans, checks and performs light servicing of library vehicles on a daily basis and maintains a vehicle log
- Carries out property maintenance, as assigned
- Works positively and productively with other staff
- Demonstrates continuous individual growth and development
- Other related duties
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunity to contribute to an award-winning library system, grow professionally, and make a positive difference in the lives of Calgarians
How to Apply
If Driver sounds like the next chapter in your career story, take this opportunity to make a real contribution to one of Canada's leading public library systems. Send a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the position, a resume, and the names of three references to: email@example.com.
Be sure to quote competition number “R16-20" in the subject line of your e-mail.
This competition will remain open until 12:00 noon on Monday, April 11, 2016.
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.