On October 16 Calgarians will cast their votes to elect their Mayor, Councillors and School Board Trustees. By casting your vote you’re choosing who you want to represent you and make the important decisions that shape our city’s services, from transit, parks, and schools to your public library system.
To support you in casting an informed vote we’ve compiled some key resources and invited all candidates to respond to a few questions about the Library, books, and reading to help you get to know the candidates better.
Arm yourself with the information you need to make an informed choice that will help create a strong, vibrant Calgary.
Candidate Q & A
Get to know the candidates by reading their responses to our Q & A:
You can also find profiles for the Mayoral, Councillor and School Board Candidates on the Elections Calgary website.
Important Information for Voters
- Eligible voters can vote early at an Advance Vote station across the city, including five Calgary Public Library locations. See the complete list.
- Starting September 19, you can locate your voting station.
- Election Day is Monday, October 16, 2017. Voting stations are open 10 am to 8 pm.
- Ward boundaries changed this year. See the new ward boundaries here.
- Make sure you have the identification you need to vote.
How do we create a great city? These books will inspire discussion and debate on our way to the polls.
Cast Your Vote
Which election issue matters most to you? Cast your vote on our homepage.
Are you hosting a forum or know of an upcoming forum? Share the details with us!
September 20, 2017, 7 pm
Host: University of Calgary, the Students’ Union and the Graduate Students’ Association
Location: University of Calgary, MacEwan Hall, 2500 University Dr NW
Register on Eventbrite | Watch the Livestream
Ward 3 Candidate Forum
Sunday, October 1, 2017, 6 – 9 pm
Meet and Greet at 6 pm, Forum starts at 7 pm
Host: Northern Hills Community Association, Vivo & Hidden Valley Community Association
Location: 11950 Country Village Link NE