- Your Library
- Events & Programs
- Read, Learn & Explore
Both ways require the following steps to start:
2. If it is black, touch the screen to make the Calgary Public Library logo appear.
3. Touch the screen again and you will see a new screen with the words Home, Video, and Presentation.
4. Press Presentation. The screen will say “The system is powering on.” Please wait. When complete, the TV will be on and the screen will display a few more options.
Note: The Solstice system cannot be used with Chromebooks. To connect a Chromebook, skip to How to Connect Your PC using HDMI.
5. A welcome screen will appear. If it is your first time using Solstice on that computer, click Get the App and Join, otherwise, click on Already have the app? and skip to step 7.
6. Once you click on Get the App & Join button, a box will appear at the bottom left of your screen. Double click on this and the app will be loaded onto your PC.
It will take a few minutes and then it will ask for your name. Enter your name in the field and then a screen will appear asking for the PIN.
7. Enter the four-character key displayed on the TV screen under the room name and press Enter.
8. You will see a screen that will allow you to share your Desktop, App Window, or Media File.
If you select Desktop, your entire PC will be shared on the TV. If you select App Window, only the app or program you want to share will be displayed. If you select Media File, only the files you select to share will be displayed on the TV.
If you are playing sound, ensure that the control panel AV source control is turned up and not muted.
9. Once you have the Solstice app, you can simply click on the desktop icon and it will display a screen where you can choose a previously used display from the list or enter the IP of a new device in the room.
Note: HDMI cables and adapters are not included for room bookings at Central Library. A limited number of HDMI cables can be borrowed using your Library card. Find a Central Library staff member in a blue vest for more information.