Back to Programs

History and Legacy: The 88 Years of the Calgary General Hospital in Bridgeland-Riverside

The third version of the Calgary General Hospital - a 160 bed facility - opened in the newly annexed community of Bridgeland on the north side of the Bow River in 1910. The growth of the hospital over the years mirrored the growth and development of Calgary and culminated in a Health Centre of almost 1000 beds.

  • In Person

In Partnership with the Chinook Country Historical Society