Looking for Good Books to Read?
Visit the Calgary Public Library. We offer a huge selection of the latest best-selling books, as well as some of the most beloved classic books of all time. Visit any one of our 18 branches across Calgary to find your next great read, or search our catalogue online to see what’s available and place a hold. We also offer a huge selection of the latest ebooks which you can download directly to your Kobo, Nook or other e-reader—all from the comfort of your own home.
Don’t have a Calgary Public Library card? No problem. They’re completely FREE and offer you access to all of our other services and programs. Get your card now.
The Latest Best-Selling Books
Can’t decide which great book to read next? Check out the latest bestsellers from some of North America’s most respected book critics:
Award Winning Books
Tomorrow’s classic is today’s award winning book. Check out the latest winners from Canada and around the world.
- Alberta Reader's Choice Award: Awarded annually for the best fiction or narrative non-fiction book written by an Alberta author
- Canada Reads: CBC's annual battle features book recommendations from Canadian celebrities and authors
- Governor General's Literary Awards: Canada's national literary awards representing the year’s best books from the country’s diverse range of talent
- Scotiabank Giller Prize: The annual award recognizing excellence in Canadian fiction for both long format and short stories
- Man Booker Prize: The annual international book award recognizing an English-language novel of excellence
- Pulitzer Prize: Recognizing the best work of fiction and non-fiction by an American writer
Plus, check out our complete list of Award Winners.
Overwhelmed by the number of good books to read? We’ve got you covered with our librarian-approved 2016 Year of Reading Guides to help you either feed (or get into) the reading habit! Our reading guides are available for Preschoolers, Kids, Teens and Adults, offering a huge selection of best-selling books and classic reads. Each guide has a wide variety of inspired book recommendations for the entire year. You’ll never be without a great read!
Download your FREE Reading Guide.