The Board acknowledges that all Board Members acting on behalf of the Library share certain ethical and legal responsibilities, including:
- Conducting Library business in compliance with applicable legislation, bylaws, and regulations.
- Treating all Library staff, patrons and stakeholders in an honest and fair manner.
- Declaring situations where personal interests are, or may be perceived to be, in conflict with the Library’s interests and/or may result in personal gain.
- Safeguarding and properly using the Library’s proprietary and confidential information, including that of its patrons, community and business partners, and its assets and resources.
- Becoming familiar with and conducting themselves in compliance with specific expectations and responsibilities as outlined in Library’s internal documents, such as the Board Governance Bylaw, Administrative Policies, the Employee Standards of Conduct Handbook, the signed Collective Agreement between the Board and the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) Local 1169, the signed Terms of Agreement between the Board and the Management and Administrative Support Staff Association (MASSA), and other documentation, as is relevant to their roles.