Opening November 1, 2018
The one-year countdown to the opening of New Central Library is now underway. Located adjacent to City Hall, New Central Library will open in November 1, 2018 in the burgeoning community of East Village.
There’s something for everyone at the library, a new gathering place for our city.
- Watch film screenings or listen to author readings inside the 350-seat Performance Hall.
- Browse books throughout the building, then head up to the TD Great Reading Room for a quiet spot to devour your latest find.
- Collaborate with community members in the Create Space, or book one of the more than 30 free meeting spaces for your next meeting, conference or reception.
- Kids have a special place to crawl, climb, and swing, inside the Early Learning Centre that’s set to become a family destination. Learn more about our Early Learning Centres here.
- There’s a space just for teens with studios for making videos and music, gaming stations, and performance space.
- You can make and share Calgary’s history in the Williams & Harris Shared History Centre, or head to the Idea Lab, a collaborative studio space designed for brainstorming activities.
You can read 100 reasons to love New Central Library, and then come explore all of New Central Library’s programs, services, and features on November 1, 2018.
Thank you to our Partners
New Central Library is a partnership between the City of Calgary, Calgary Municipal Land Corporation (CMLC) — the master developer of East Village, Calgary Public Library, and the Calgary Public Library Foundation.
Leave Your Mark
You can leave your mark on New Central Library now by joining the Windows of Opportunity campaign. Purchase a window in New Central Library, and your name or a message will be inscribed on the window’s frame. Proceeds from the Windows of Opportunity Campaign will support the entire Calgary Public Library system.