Calgary Public Library has partnered with the Calgary Board of Education and Calgary Catholic School District to expand our access to TumbleBookLibrary, just in time for kids heading back to school.
TumbleBookLibrary is an online resource for kids in kindergarten to Grade 6, families, and teachers . There’s more than 1,100 titles and educational resources, including animated, talking picture books, Spanish and French books, read-along chapter books, non-fiction books, graphic novels, games, and more.
Use your free Calgary Public Library Card to access TumbleBookLibrary through our E-Library. Enjoy unrestricted and unlimited access to TumbleBooks from computers, phones, or tablets.
TumbleBookLibrary’s diverse digital collection is intended to enhance and support physical book collections. TumbleBookLibrary includes:
- Animated and narrated picture books in a wide range of subjects, styles, and reading levels, with highlighted text so kids can follow along.
- Narrated chapter books, called Read-Alongs, including contemporary fiction, adventure, mystery, and children’s classics, such as Anne of Green Gables and Huckleberry Finn.
- Ebooks — full-length chapter books for kids in grades 2 to 6 — ideal for independent reading.
- Graphic novels, including comics featuring popular characters, such as Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, The Smurfs, and more.
- Non-fiction animated story books and ebooks, covering topics including history, science, ecology, and geography.
- Math stories to introduce new concepts, from simple patterns and numbers to budgets and geometry.
- A Language Learning section with books in Spanish and French.
- 190 National Geographic videos on a range of topics.
Other features include TumbleTracker, allowing teachers to track the number of books being accessed and monitor individual reading more directly, pre-made playlists organized by themes and reading level, and puzzles, memory games, crosswords, and spelling games. Explore TumbleBookLibrary today!