It's tax time again, and this year we're pleased to partner with the Financial Empowerment Collaborative and First Lutheran Church to provide free one-on-one income tax help for the community.
You may be eligible for help if you meet the income requirements and if you have a simple tax situation (below). Help is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
See the dates, times and locations of tax programs at our locations.
|Family Size||Total Family Income|
|One person with one dependant||$35,000 (add $2,500 for each additional dependant)|
|Couple||$40,000 (add $2,500 for each dependant)|
In general, your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes from these sources:
- benefits such as CPP, disability, CCB, EI, social assistance
- support payments
- scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- interest (under $1,000)
Your tax situation is not simple if you:
- are self-employed or have employment expenses
- have business or rental income and expenses
- have capital gains or losses
- file for bankruptcy
- are completing a tax return for a deceased person