In January of 2015, the Calgary Public Library launched an exciting and ambitious strategic plan that will re-imagine library services for Calgarians today and into the future.
The new Calgary Public Library represents unlimited possibilities and inspires people of all ages to wonder, seek, discover, and share. Calgary’s 18 (and growing) community libraries are community hubs that ignite learning, discussion, invention, and action and this is accomplished through the Library’s commitment to:
- be a vital part of strengthening neighbourhoods in a growing city
- bring the library into more people’s lives by removing barriers and increasing access to information in all its forms
- focus on services that make a difference
- develop innovative and collaborative partnerships with our community to leverage collective knowledge and expertise
- build welcoming, inclusive and dynamic library spaces and places within the heart of our communities.
To achieve our vision, Calgary Public Library is seeking leaders with ideas, energy, passion and commitment who can help us make a difference in the lives of Calgarians and take public library services to a new level of excellence.
Reporting to the Manager of IT Interfaces, the Programmer/Analyst is responsible for the support, design, testing, implementation, documentation and maintenance of efficient and effective computer programs.
- Post-secondary diploma in computer science or information technology
- Minimum of three years directly-related recent full-time experience
- Knowledge of hardware, operating systems, software applications and programming tools
- Strong knowledge and skills in ASP.NET development, database programming, and experience in .NET platform and C# or VB.NET programming languages.
- Superior communication (verbal and written), problem solving & decision making skills
- Advanced technological literacy skills
- Writes, maintains, and supports computer programs and software packages
- Tests, debugs, documents and implements computer programs and software packages
- Analyses, designs, and implements relational database schemas and queries.
- Solves computer problems and makes modifications to computer programs, following established guidelines
- Keeps abreast of relevant external developments through environmental scanning
- Participates actively in activities and projects which support and enhance the accomplishment of system goals and objectives, as assigned
- Works positively and productively with staff
- Demonstrates continuous individual growth and development;
- Other related duties.
- The opportunity to contribute to an award-winning library system, grow professionally and make a positive difference in the lives of Library employees
- Annual Salary Range: $61,552.66-73,942.22
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Professional Development Allowance
- Participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
- Life Insurance
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
How to Apply
If Programmer/Analyst sounds like the next chapter in your career story, take this opportunity to make a real contribution to one of Canada's leading public library systems. Send a cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the position, a resume, and the names of three references to: email@example.com.
Be sure to quote competition number “F16-02" in the subject line of your e-mail.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected. Please note that skills testing will be required as part of the selection process.
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.