Contest Rules and Regulations
1. The contest is open to all residents of Canada excluding Quebec, except Calgary Public Library Board members, officers and employees of the Calgary Public Library and members of those individuals' families and their cohabitants.
2. Contest opens at 12:00 a.m. MST on January 2 and closes December 29 at 16:00 p.m. MST. One winner will be selected per month, starting January 27, 2017.
3. To enter, participants must post a picture of books they've finished reading (bonus points for creativity!) on Facebookopens a new window, Twitteropens a new window or Instagramopens a new window with #read150 and tag @calgarylibrary on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook. (Bonus points for creativity!)
4. Participants must follow Calgary Public Library on the social media channel on which they enter.
5. Participants can submit multiple entries, however each entry must be unique.
6. You can also enter using the #read150 webform.
7. And/or you can enter by tracking your reading on Beanstackopens a new window. Each digital badge you enters you in the bonus Summer Reading Prize draw and the Grand Prize draw.
8. Twelve $15 Calgary Public Library Store gift certificates will be awarded — one each month of beginning January 27, 2017. Each prize must be accepted as awarded; no cash alternatives, substitution or transfers of the survey prize will be allowed.
9. One Summer Reading Prize of $100 in gift cards will be awarded.
10. One Grand Prize of a $150 Library Store gift certificate will be awarded. The Grand Prize Winner will also be exempt from fines from overdue materials in 2018.
Conduct of This Contest
11. The monthly winner will be determined at 4:00 p.m. MST the last Friday of the month, beginning January 27, 2017. Winners will be announced the following week on social media and at calgarylibrary.ca/great-reads-for-2017.
12. Winners will be randomly chosen and are also subject to Calgary Public Library’s discretion.
13. Winners will be notified via the social media platform on which they posted the winning entry, or by phone or email for web form or Beanstack entries. Winners have 48 hours from the time the notification is sent to confirm their Canadian mailing address in order in order to claim their prize. If they have not done so within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen.
14. The winners’ names, likeness and entry photo may be used in future Calgary Public Library marketing and promotional materials without additional compensation (except where prohibited).
Privacy and Personal Information
15. Each winner will be required to provide Calgary Public Library with his/her name, mailing address and telephone or email address for the sole purpose of prize administration.
16. Calgary Public Library is not legally responsible – and cannot be held liable – for any products or services purchased with the Library Store Gift Certificate.
17. Calgary Public Library may, at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice, vary, modify, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions and may also withdraw or discontinue this contest at any time without notice or liability to any party.
18. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the contest.