The Bright Futures Scholarship is made possible by a generous gift from Barbara Killick, formerly a senior staff member at Calgary Public Library and a witness over many years to the positive impact made by young volunteers on the lives of Calgarians.
The scholarship will provide $3,500 to a young volunteer who has demonstrated commitment, enthusiasm, and initiative in their volunteer role.
Completed applications are due on September 25, 2018. The first scholarship will be awarded at the Library's annual volunteer recognition event on November 9, 2018, in the new Central Library.
Applicants for the Bright Futures Scholarship must be/have:
- an active volunteer in good standing at the Calgary Public Library;
- contributed a minimum of 100 volunteer hours to the Calgary Public Library;
- volunteered at the Calgary Public Library for a minimum of two years;
- currently in their final year of high school or between 17 – 25 years old; and
- entering or currently enrolled in a full-time course of study at a post-secondary institution.
Calgary Public Library
Attention: Azmin Poonja
616 Macleod Trail SE
Calgary, Alberta T2G 2M2