Share your expertise and provide career development assistance to participants of our Career Coaching program. Volunteers with a strong background in Human Resources and/or Career Planning help adults with job searching, resume writing, interview preparation, and cover letters.
- Provide individuals with knowledge and assistance in career planning
- Provide information on career trends and job market
- Provide easy access to information on career development
- Fluent in English
- Human resources and/or career planning background preferred
- Strong facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ablilty to work effectively with diverse populations
- Attend an orientation and training session
- Help participants with career development
- Participate in the program for a minimum of one year
A library orientation and a one-on-one introduction to the program will be provided before the start of the program.
- Meet new people and explore new opportunities
- Help individuals to develop their career development skills
- Have fun and contribute to your community
- Develop interpersonal, leadership, problem-solving, communication, and time management skills