Help us organize and host fun community events at Central Library! Library Ambassador Volunteers support special events happening in the Patricia A. Whelan Performance Hall and meeting spaces at Central Library.
Volunteers perform various duties depending on event needs, such as registration, seating patrons in the theatre, helping with food/beverage tables, coat check, set up/tear down, crowd control, etc.
To help Calgary Public Library offer spectacular events.
One shift per week for at least six months
Event dates and times vary depending on requests
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent social skills
- Reliability, flexibility, and a positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative and take direction well
- Ability to work effectively and independently with diverse populations
- Attend on-site orientation and training session
- Interact with public in a friendly and respectful manner
On-site orientation and training provided by Library staff before event start
- Meet new people and explore new opportunities
- Bring joy and fun to the community
- Have fun and contribute to your community
- Develop interpersonal, leadership, problem-solving, communication, and time management skills
Daytime weekday availability is an asset. Adult and youth special event volunteer opportunities are also available at community Libraries.