Bring the Library to those who can’t come to us. Volunteers display “mini-libraries” of items, which have been selected by library staff, in seniors’ residences or continuing care facilities and/or use book trolleys to provide “room service” to residents.
- Provide access to Library resources to patrons who are unable to visit the Library because of mobility or health concerns
- Support lifelong learning, health, and active aging
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ablility to work independently
- Ablility to carry Library materials
- Genuine interest in volunteering with the elderly and sharing the love of reading with others
- Ablility to work effectively with diverse populations
- Manage use of the collections in the in-house libraries
- Deliver books and collect books from residents who cannot leave their rooms
- Maintain regular contact with Library staff to ensure that the collections meet the needs of the residents
- Participate in the program for a minimum of one year
An on-site training and orientation session to review the program materials
- Enjoy hands-on work that improves the quality of life for patrons
- Share your passion for reading with seniors and people with disabilities
All volunteer positions for this program are currently filled. Please complete an application, and we’ll contact you when a position becomes available.