All Library locations are currently open at regular hours. For the latest updates to service, visit
Join the Library

Live Outside of Calgary?

I am visiting Calgary and want to connect to the internet.

Sign up for an internet only card for internet access on Library computers or your wireless device. When you enter an address outside of Calgary on the registration form, you will get an internet only card.

I live on a First Nation or Métis Settlement in Alberta.

The Alberta government covers non-resident fees for people living in Indigenous communities to access public libraries throughout Alberta. People living on First Nations and Métis Settlements in Alberta can get a full Calgary Public Library membership by visiting any Calgary Public Library location and speaking to staff.

I live in another Alberta community with its own public library.

Sign up for a TAL (The Alberta Library) card at your local library or register for a ME card using your local library card. Use either of these cards to borrow books, CDs, and DVDs from Calgary Public Library. Some restrictions apply.

I live in another Alberta community without its own public library.

For a $112 annual non-resident membership fee, all family members at the same address can get a Calgary Public Library card. Annual non-resident memberships can be purchased at any Calgary Public Library location. You can use your non-resident membership to borrow books, CDs, and DVDs, to place holds on items, book meeting rooms, and to attend Calgary Public Library programs. Some restrictions apply.

I live outside of Calgary and want to use Calgary Public Library’s E-Library.

Complex licensing agreements mean access to Digital Resources like eBooks, digital music, online courses, and movies is excluded from non-resident borrowing privileges across Alberta, including at Calgary Public Library. We are unable to provide non-residents access to these Digital Resources. Please contact your local library to share your Digital Resource recommendations.